Monday, April 6, 2009

On Reflection


Scarlett Johansson by Annie Leibovitz. Shot in my booth at AIPAD.

There have been a few comments recently talking about the reflections in my art fair pictures. One helpful suggestion about polarizing filters, one comment saying they liked the reflections. But I have to say I also like the reflections. I hope it gives you a sense that you are there and differentiates the art fair or gallery round-up pictures from getting j-pegs from an artist or website. Not only that but they're not quite as random as they may seem. I try to make sure the key part of the picture is reflection free, check that there are no distracting figures reflected, and work on the jpegs to make them as clear as possible. They're my own little creative act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...