Wednesday, May 20, 2009

From Carmel




Well, I couldn't leave out dogs could I? This is Edward Weston's grand-daughter Cara's dog examining me as I'm looking at Edward Weston photographs. My trip to Carmel was to look at the prints that belong to the family that were printed by Edwards' son Cole Weston (Cara's dad).

For a long time these prints were a common denominator of collectors and collections, but they're beautiful and increasingly rare, and I think it's past time for a revisionist approach. So the point of my visit was to work out the details of a show I have been planning with Cara. More on which later.

In the meantime I'll just post a few of the many pictures I'll be showing from the iconic to the less well known, which I've just had the pleasure of holding in my hands.


Shell, 1927



Nude, 1927



Clouds, 1936



Dunes, 1936



Rain Over Modoc Lava Beds, 1937


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...