Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fashion Notes from All Over




In one of the more refreshing new ad campaigns, the venerable British fashion label Aquascutum have teamed with Tim Walker for their spring/summer '09 campaign. I wrote about Walker earlier on the occasion of his show and book release, but it's nice to see someone find the right outlet for his whimsicality.




In the meantime, I'm away with my family this week (kids' spring break), but that doesn't mean there's any break from blogdom. My daughter was flipping through her favorite magazine, Teen VOGUE, on the plane when I glanced over and saw this spread of photos by Juergen Teller for Marc Jacob. I'm a huge fan of the Juergen/Jacobs collaboration, but even I thought this might be going a bit far for Teen VOGUE. And my daughter (13), who's a huge fan of "Gossip Girl" (which is pretty out there), agreed.




Lastly, Tommy Ton of the blog Jak & Jil just shot his first ad campaign for Chinese luxury retailer Lane Crawford. It's very Sart meets Martin Parr, but I have to hand it to the guy, he's got an eye!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...