Monday, March 2, 2009

Goodbye to all that...




About six months ago, the photographer Joseph Holmes e-mailed me to see if I would let him photograph my workspace for his ongoing series of that name. As I like both my workspace and Joe's work, I was happy to co-operate and now his picture (above) is about to be all that remains as a visual record of where I've sat for the last five years, often writing this blog!

I'm indulging in a reflective moment because today is my last day sitting here before I move the gallery two blocks south to a new street front space on West 24th Street. (I'm following Rahm's advice and going counter economic trend!) The collage of pinned up images, notes, etc., are the accumulation of that period of time - a combination of to-do's, invitations, and memorable cards and images. I guess it's what is generally called an "inspiration board" and I've always thought a book of different people's inspiration boards would be a worthwhile project to put together. (Any publishers who like the idea should feel free to contact me!)

It's been a swell five years at 521 West 26th Street, but I like change (and hope). So I'm looking forward to another five years at 534 West 24th Street and you can be sure I'll be keeping you posted on my own shows as well as the other stuff that grabs me. (Nevertheless, I was pleased to see that on The Photo Blog Triangle recently posted by Jorg Colberg I was halfway between "Comment" and "Curate" and far from "Promote".)

But mark this Friday, March 13th, in your books and if you're anywhere near please come by our opening of our Tanyth Berkeley show - which will open Danziger Projects' program on West 24th Street.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...